Monday, September 14, 2009

Monday, September 14, 2009 - Cool weather

Hey!

I have to keep it short today - I think.

Things are going well here in Abilene. In fact, better than well, it's been raining! Not only has it been raining, but instead of raining for five to seven minutes, it's been raining for the last few days!

We've also been averaging a high of 80! It is glorious. Biking in the rain is so fun. It's wonderful when the moisture all over you is humidity and rain rather than your own sweat.

Anyways, I was trying to load more pictures onto the computer, when the battery on the camera ran out of juice. My camera card reader works, except it doesn't fit into the tiny crevice where the port is. Luckily, there is another port on the back, and once I disconnected the keyboard, there was enough space to fit.

Transfer time has come and gone. The only changes around here is that Sweetwater has been whitewashed and Elders Rasmussen and Wakefield are now serving there. Oh, and Elder Allred is a district leader and his area and Sweetwater are in his district.

On Monday, the assistants called and said that the computers in the office weren't working, and have asked if I could come to Lubbock and fix them. I wasn't sure if that was the right thing to do, but I agreed. Elder Tuttle had to go up to Lubbock anyways. So on Tuesday, we took the transfer bus up to Lubbock, spent the evening and night there, then took the bus back down on Wednesday. It was fun seeing lots of the missionaries again. Recently, the bus has been allowed to go into New Mexico, so we stopped in Hobbs and I entered New Mexico for the second time ever. We also watched a whole bunch of church movies on the bus' DVD player. Long story short, I fixed the problem that was on the computers.

Speaking of Lubbock, there have been some changes in the office. Elder Mortensen is taking Elder Sosi's place in the office as finance secretary, making him my step-grandson. Also, Elder Vance is the new AP.

There is something I need: could you resend my line of authority? It is actually a good teaching tool, to show that the priesthood authority that we hold can be traced straight back to Christ himself.

Another good teaching tool which I was able to make is a map of the world. It's good for children, or those whose English is not very good. I printed one out and laminated it.

Also, I plan to make a Nepali quick reference guide, so that we can understand what is being said in the Nepali Gospel Principles book.

I was thinking of making a voice clip on my camera to send to you, but like I said, the batteries ran out.

Anyways, I should go. I'm going to ENJOY being outdoors in Texas for a change.
I know the Church is true. It's the only place where one can make covenants with God.

I love you!

-Elder Brandon Wong

No comments: