Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Elder Wong's First Email Message April 9, 2008

hi all!

it's so busy here; I haven't had time to finish my written letter, so you're going to get this before my *first* letter arrives in the mail...

it's also great here. things are awesome, everything's going very well conference was probably the best one I've ever attended they converted the gym into an auditorium for all 2000 missionaries here (and I bumped into Elder Bilodeau once for a minute) our zone leaders, Elders Correa and Sanbei, are in another district, and have been here for almost 9 weeks, and just before leaving, they've been released. two missionaries from my district, Elder Maybee and Elder Warner, have been called in their place, and I've been asked to take Elder Maybee's place as district leader (which, here, pretty much means I pick up the mail every day)

the other day, I got a ticket in the mail for a tour of Temple Square, and I plan to go this friday! I guess I *am* international enough.

we also went to the RC (Referral Center), where we accept and send out calls. it wasn't as bad as I thought...

because you haven't yet received my first letter, I'll tell you now that my companion is Edler Luebke (loob-kee), and he's great. he's from Orem.

on tuesday, we saw Robert S. Wood of the second Seventy speak to us

if there's anything to take away from this so far, it's that the Church is true.

I love you all!

Elder Brandon Wong

1 comment:

Marissa said...

Hrm..I almost feel like I shouldn't be reading these...since they're letters to your family...AND, I'm not even positive you'll get THESE comments...but Nathan said we should try commenting anyway. AND: I figure if you MIGHT POSSIBLY be getting this, that's good enough!

Your gernal conference sounds amazing. 2000 missionaries.....wow...I'm trying to imagine you all singing along with the hymns. Pretty inspiring..to think THAT many people were leaving soon to preach the gospel (you being one of them!!!) AH! You bumped into Adam?? That's awesome.... I have 2 pages of a letter started...and unmailed. Writing by hand... is so...hard. I've become so pampered by e-mail....But hey: if I need to actually MAIL the two of you, I'll do it.

Oooo....district leader. See? Even in the midst of 2000 missionaries, everyone can see your potential ;)

And picking up mail is a VERY important job ;)

You know what I find so cool? Everytime I've read a letter from an elder, they finish by saying the church is true. I can't wait to serve my own mission!

Alright..I'm going to go comment on your next letter Brandon!

Thinking of you!
Marissa