Saturday, December 27, 2008

Saturday, December 27, 2008 - Greetings from Lubbock

Hey!

It was nice hearing your voices on Christmas! And I loved your package and cards, and everybody else's too.

Yeah, it's been a crazy week.

Not only was it Christmas week, but it's also the last week of the transfer, which means we've been getting things ready for the incoming and the departing missionaries.

I have packets to put together, agendas to go over, questions to ask President... yeah, it's been a crazy week.

I'm excited, though. Some of the new missionaries are going to be staying at our place for the night, before they head off to wherever they're serving. Also, we get to have lunch and supper with them and with President and Sister Robison, etc. It's going to be fun.

Also, there's going to be a lot of changes this transfer. It's plain to see that President Robison is really on his own, and not just going with what President Rose did. He's making a lot of changes. He's also very open with us. If he tried making a change and it didn't work out, he doesn't hide it, he just fixes it. I've learnt to trust him a lot.

Did I tell you that Elder Northey is going to be my new companion? He and Elder Johnson are switching places.

Hope you enjoy the rest of your vacation!

Love you!

-Elder Brandon Wong

P.S. Something I wish I knew before my mission: to learn to work mail merge.

No comments: