Saturday, February 7, 2009

Saturday, February 7, 2009

Hey, what's up?

We've been moving furniture here and there, and the office looks pretty different now. My room is now just me and my stuff. The useless one next door is now not so useless, with Elder Johnson's stuff there, and the other room now looks just as different as the others. Also, we're getting ready to move into a member's house, Brother Mortensen. He's one of the counselors in the Singles' Branch presidency. President Robison says it's a really nice house. So we've been packing our stuff as well.

Yes, Texas weather is going up and down all the time. It's probably the only place where it can snow, be 100 degrees, and rain, all in the same day. If you don't like how it is outside, just wait half an hour. It's also really dry here. For some reason, and I don't know if this is related, my nose has been almost completely plugged up for the last week or so. I don't know if dry air does that, but I hope it doesn't stay like that much longer.

By the way, I haven't gotten any post card yet. That reminds me: some time in December, Elder Goodfellow got some mail for me at the apartment in Midland. He forgot to bring it to the zone conference, and the second time he tried to bring it, he accidentally forgot it on the transfer bus. It's probably long gone by now. Too bad.

And, to my knowledge, I am not gaining weight. I weighed myself once in Midland and I was 135 lbs. Not too long ago, I tried again, and it was 130 lbs. It has since stayed that way for a while, so either I gained five pounds, and lost it again, or the scale was wrong.

Also, my missionary credit card isn't working. There were about a dozen cards that were deactivated the other day. Elder Rasmussen thinks it's because the company accidentally leaked the card numbers. Whatever the reason, I'm going to have to borrow or not spend until I get a new one.

Anyways, we're off to do some more moving. I love you! Talk again soon.

-Elder Brandon Wong

Something I wish I knew before my mission: how to properly budget
(which I seem to be doing rather well lately...)

No comments: