Hi Everyone!
I've been transferred to Amarillo, Texas!
This is the first time in a long while that I've been transferred "normally". That is: on the bus; without knowing where I'm going; without knowing my new companion; and without any special assignment. Because of all this, it was pretty exciting. It also made me really nervous. It took forever to pack all my stuff (I have a lot more than when I started off).
Anyways, I'm in Amarillo 2nd West [ward]. I've been released as a district leader, and I'm in my very first bike area. My new companion is Elder Pearce, and he's from western Idaho. That reminds me, this is the first time in a long while that I got a companion that I never heard of before.
It's rather interesting - I've never served in the Amarillo zone before. My whole mission, I've been slowly going north. Then, after Lubbock, I came down south again. Now, I'm in the northernmost zone in the mission. I wonder if that's symbolic...
The apartment is really dirty. Every time the south winds start up, it carries a certain foul odour from Hereford, which is nick-named "the beef capital of the world" (I think you can guess what that smell is). The library computers don't look like they'll be able to send my pictures home. Not to be pessimistic, but there's a lot that doesn't appeal about this area. But then again, when are we not supposed to face trials? Besides, I'm told that the ward is great. I've already met the new stake president (he just happened to drive by while we were out working), and he's very missionary-minded. I'm excited to really get things moving here.
Anyways, (there's a time limit on these computers - I really don't like library computers) that's all that's been going on around here. I've never been in this zone, so I don't really know any of the other missionaries here, and I'm looking forward to get to know them.
I hope everything is going well for you.
The Church is true.
I love you
-Elder Brandon Wong
Thursday, January 14, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment