Thursday, January 21, 2010

Thursday, January 21, 2010 - Let there be light

Hello!

We just had Zone Conference on Tuesday, and it went very well.
Things are going great here in Amarillo, and certainly much better than last week.

First, we went to the apartment complex managers and asked them to replace our toilet seat, which doesn't stay up. Apparently, it has been broken for months. Next, I went to the store and bought three packs of light bulbs. For the last long while, each room had a single 40-watt bulb, and it was really bothering me. Not only was it annoyingly impossible to see anything, but also the Spirit usually doesn't reside in dark places. Now, each room has at least two 100-watt bulbs (and some, four). The next thing to do would be a really good cleaning of the place, which has been rather tough with me unpacking my stuff.

Other than that, we've been having really warm weather, so bike riding is actually fun. Also, Elder Christopherson, who is in the Amarillo 2nd East area, doesn't have a companion yet, so he's been hanging out with us on and off. Every once in a while, he'd go with other missionaries also in "limbo", but he's anxious to have an official companion. In the meantime, though, he's been staying at our apartment, and we've been splitting time working in our area and his. We also get to use his area's car too sometimes.

That brings up an interesting question. Should I arrange to have my bike sent home at the end of my mission? I've always planned on it. Recently, I've thought that I might not have use for it at home and it would cost a lot to ship, but maybe it would be good to have. What do you think?

Anyways, I know the Church is true, and I love bearing my testimony of it.

I love you

-Elder Brandon Wong

No comments: