Thursday, November 12, 2009

Thursday, November 12, 2009 - Temple and Beef Jerky

Hey!

I was afraid I wouldn't have time to write a letter (because someone was on the computer earlier), so I recorded a lot of it on the sound recorder of my camera. Turns out there was enough time to spare anyway.

[The rest of letter was dictated from his sound clip.]

First of all, Happy Remembrance Day! Here in America, they called it Veterans’ Day. I think it’s always on the 11th, just like ours is always on the 11th.

It was just another average week, except we went to San Angelo on Tuesday for interviews. Plus, Elder Cherrington and I went to Lubbock on Wednesday evening to go to the temple!

Ace Green had been baptized for a year now. He had invited me to come over and to go through the temple with him. And so, we’ve asked Brother Bryan if he could come and drive us to Lubbock. I think he’s pretty awesome. Brother Bryan drove us all the way up there and all the way back, and he didn’t even go through with us.

It was a very good experience. I got to see pretty much everyone from the ward that I served in Lubbock. There were a lot of people at the temple; the place was packed. Even President Robison and Brother Sybrowsky were there. I got to see Ace go through the temple. It was very nice. Also, I haven’t been to the temple for a long time. This was good.

Also, I got the printouts that I’ve asked for. Thanks a lot! I’ve already laminated them and I’ll put them into good use.

And, I got those beef jerky from SendOutCards. That was awesome! I love beef jerky! It’s probably my favourite thing in the world. Probably the only thing that’s better is bacon, …and [potato] chips, …and maybe poutine. But I love beef jerky! That was really awesome. And, Dr. Pepper beef jerky, too…I’ve never even heard of that. That sounds kinda cool, too. I haven’t had it yet, but I’m excited for it.

Anyways, have a good week!

The Church is true.

I love you

-Elder Brandon Wong

No comments: