Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Wednesday, November 25, 2009 - Happy American Thanksgiving!

Hello, everyone!

Happy American Thanksgiving!

It's an exciting time of year, and, like last year at this time, I'm still sick. A year ago, I was in Midland, and the day before Halloween, I got a cold. This year, I got it a little later. I'm taking vitamin-C, Theraflu, and I got a priesthood blessing. Now, a week after it started, I'm well enough to go out and teach and do things.

A family in the ward invited us to their home for Thanksgiving, and we're excited. Because of some doctor's appointments for the Sisters, we're also having District meeting Thursday morning. Other than that, we don't have much planned for the day. We've been asked to work, but not go tracting.

Elder Allred's MRI came back, and he's got tendonitis, whatever that is.

By the way, I loved the Line of Authority cards and "Remember This" cards that you sent - they're great. Could you send more of the "Remember This" ones? I'm going to hand them out to missionaries.

A new rule came out for this mission: we're only allowed to listen to hymns from our hymnbook for music. This doesn't really affect me, because I don't really listen to much music anyways, or mind one way or the other.

I was reading the latest issue of the Ensign (the blue one with the St. George temple on it), and there was an article about sharing the Gospel online. Elder Christensen said it'll never replace missionaries (for a million-and-one reasons - mainly the personal witness of the Holy Ghost), but it can greatly help in spreading the word. It got me thinking about anything I can do. I have a blog online now, but it's mostly stories and things that happen. I got thinking, took a blank sheet of paper and started scribbling and sketching on it. I designed a website that simply outlines the beliefs of our church, in a way that'll make people want to read more. One day, I'll make it.

On Sunday, I'm going to baptize a boy that we've been teaching. He and his older brother have such a great spirit about them and they love coming to church. They're really excited and he's been waiting for a long time. The following Sunday, we're having another baptism. We're all really excited.

It's a great time to be alive. It's a great time to be a member of the Church. I know the Church is true.

I love you!

-Elder Brandon Wong

No comments: