Thursday, November 19, 2009

Thursday, November 19, 2009 - OD'd on Vitamin-C

Hey!

I don't have too much time (it seems like I have less and less every week) - today, we're going fishing / having a picnic on a member's property.

Oh, and I'm sick. I started with the usual dry throat and now it's a full-on sickness. It seems I've successfully averted it at least twice in the past. I had a dry throat, but I OD'd on vitamin-C and hard work, and pushed it off. I thought I could get rid of it forever, but I guess not.

I went on exchanges to Eastland with Elder Hanks. So, I had a dry throat, and we were biking around Eastland in 30-40 degree weather. It was miserable.

Speaking of biking, Elder Allred woke up one morning with a foot that was purple and swollen. The doctors had no idea what caused it. They put it in a brace and said to come back later. In the meantime, they're using the minivan, so we've been on our bikes.

By the way, to answer Elder Kaufman, I did know Elder Olson. I was never his companion, but we served around each other and I got to know him a little bit.

This week, our most progressing investigator accepted a baptismal date. It was tough. The lesson took three hours. Most of those hours, I was distracting the kids so Elder Cherrington could teach uninterrupted. She was reluctant at first, but she knows that this is what she needs. Now, we all speak in terms of "when it happens", rather than "if".

It's wonderful to see someone go through the conversion process. Since I grew up in the Church, I myself took it gradually - over many years - and hardly noticed it happen, so I'm not used to seeing it happen so quickly (comparatively). It is a true testimony that true conversion does happen. Whether slow or fast, it is as sure as the sun rising, and as strong as a summer Texan heat.

I know that this church is true. It is not based on the opinions or interpretations of men, but on knowledge from God.

I love you! Have a good week. Don't get sick.

-Elder Brandon Wong

No comments: