Thursday, November 5, 2009

Thursday, November 5, 2009 - Spiritually fed

Howdy, y'all!

What's up?

It's been a pretty unusual week. All the district and zone leaders drove up to Lubbock to have leadership training from Elder Christensen (of the first quorum of the Seventy). It was weird, since the district leaders only had one hour with him, and I thought, "we came all this way for one hour?" In the end, though, I had more notes than I had ever written from one meeting in my life!

During this and the zone conference the next day in Midland, we were truly spiritually fed. I love the way he thinks - very logically and practically. He has a good understanding of how God works, and how He wants us to work. He gave us a lot to think about and tips to improve our missionary work.

So, what happened is, the leaders from San Angelo and Brownwood drove to Abilene, we all hopped in the minivan (yay, carpooling in the minivan...), and drove to Lubbock. They gave us lunch there (McAllister's catering) and we drove back. Almost immediately after arriving in Abilene, we got all the others together and drove up to Midland. Around halfway there, we discovered a leak in one of our tires, but it wasn't bad enough to stop and change it. Upon arriving, we dropped the Sisters off at President Jones' house and we went to the Bushmans' for the night. We got to take a look at Brother Bushman's museum in his back yard (yes, museum). The next morning, they gave breakfast to all 16 missionaries who were staying there.

The zone conference itself was really short - it ended right after lunch. Afterwards, though, we had to stop at Discount Tire and wait for them to replace three tires (only one was leaking, but two others were so worn down that it was dangerous to drive). So we ended up having a lot of driving to do, but I think it was well worth it.

To answer your question, it seems that every church in Abilene had a Trunk-r-Treat.

Another thing, we are having our Family History public open house this evening. That reminds me: how much of our family history has been done? I know we have a book of remembrance and there's one line going back four generations on new.familysearch.org, but I don't know anything beyond that.

Alright, well, I hope y'all are doing well, and will have a good week!

The Church is true.

I love you!

-Elder Brandon Wong

No comments: